20 Style Tips On How To Wear Overalls

In case you haven’t realized, ’90s fashion is coming back in a big way. Case in point: overalls are a huge trend this summer. When I first heard this news, I was kind of horrified. When I thought of overalls, the first image that popped into my mind was me as a child wearing a baggy pair with dorky wire-rimmed glasses, wearing a floppy flower hat. So, not the best fashion memory of my life.

But lately, I’ve seen some girls on the streets of New York City seriously rocking overalls in a really fierce way. It’s made me totally re-think them as a fashion item. When our Associate Editor, Caitlin Corsetti, paired her short overalls with booties and a slouchy tee, I even wanted a pair of my own. Who am I? I don’t know.

The point is, you can make overalls stylish – you just need to know how to put your outfit together the right way. As of right now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to pull them off – I’m short with a baby face, and I feel like wearing them will make me look like a giant infant – but I’m going to try. You should too! Here are 20 style tips on how to wear overalls.

1. Add feminine accessories to your overalls to keep the look fun and light.


2. Keep things simple and classic by pairing slim-fit overalls with a striped shirt and red accessories. So chic!

3. Or pair them with a button-down collared shirt and heels for work-appropriate attire.

4. For a really casual look, wear your overalls over a bandeau, and add a kimono jacket or cardigan over the whole outfit.

5. Make your overalls a perfect summer outfit by pairing them with a floppy hat, a lace shirt, and colorful wedges.

6. Another summery option is overalls and a crop top. This is also great if you want to wear a crop top without showing too much skin.

7. Short overalls can still work in the fall and winter! Just wear them with tights and a scarf.

8. And, yeah, you can make overalls more professional. Just add a fitted blazer and fancy shoes.

9. Or keep things simple with fun accessories, like leopard print shoes and a trendy hat.

10. Give off a serious ’70s vibe by wearing flared overalls, a floppy hat, and a boho shirt.

11. You can even make overalls sexy by wearing them over a sheer shirt.

12. Have fun with them! Instead of sticking to plain denim, buy your overalls in a bright color, like these red ones.

13. Make your overalls fall and winter appropriate (and seriously street cool) by wearing them with a beanie, sneakers, and a chic jacket.

14. If you want to take a fashion risk, buy a pair of faux leather overalls, and wear them with gold jewelry and a white crop top.

15. Keep things super simple and casual by pairing baggy overalls with a classic white tee and sneakers. Couldn’t be easier – or more comfy!

16. Or get a little more funky and wear your overalls with a fun print.

17. Make your overalls just a little more glam by wearing a statement necklace with them.

18. Let one side hang down like you just don’t care.

19. Get funky with your overalls! Buy a pair in a fun floral print, and mix it with other patterns.

20. Make your overalls super chic in the fall and winter by wearing them with booties and a leather jacket. Who knew they could be so glam?

Previous
Next Post »